Three children lost their lives in a house fire
3 children in Şanlıurfa's Siverek province were poisoned by the smoke of the fire in a house.
Three children lost their lives in the fire in a house which its roof made of soil in the city of Siverek.
According to the information, the fire took place in a 2-room, the soil roofed house belonging to Hacı Menek, in Karacadağ (Kaynak) Neighborhood, 40 kilometers away from the town center.
Hacı Menek and his wife went to the field to work at 05.30 in the morning. At home, when the children slept, a fire broke out for a reason not yet determined. Citizens who see the rise of smoke from the house informed fire crews and tried to put out the fire by their own means.
Villagers hardly got in the house and took 3 children out who were poisoned by the smoke. Children were taken to Siverek State Hospital.
Bedriye 3, Mustafa 2 and Ahmet Menek, 6-months-old, who were taken to the hospital, lost their lives despite all the interventions made here.
The fire was controlled by the intervention of the fire brigade teams. At the end of the fire, the house was completely burnt down.
Eyewitness Celal Çelik, said that they were sad because they could not save the children, “We saw smoke raised from the house. We tried to break windows. We could not get in because of the smoke. We run around the house but could not intervene because of the smoke.”