Death toll increases 14 in Istanbul collapsed building says Turkish Interior Minister
Turkiye's Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu announced Friday that the number of people lost their lives in the collapsed building has reached 14 while 14 other people rescued so far.
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu shared the latest information about the collapsed building in Kartal. Minister Soylu stated that 14 people lost their lives while 14 people were injured.
The search and rescue activities of the 8-storey building, which collapsed in Kartal, Istanbul on the previous day, continue intensively. Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu shared the latest information on the rescue work.
Minister Soylu, who joined the funeral of the 63-year-old Fatma Karaman who was removed from the wreck, then went to the "Crisis Desk", made statements there.
"We are currently at 47th hours since the collapse of the building," Minister said while underlined that the work continues at the same speed.
"With the guidance of AFAD, the fire brigade, UMKE, 112 health, and civil society organizations continue to work in the same way. So far we have lost 14 people, 14 other citizens have been rescued," he said.
"The light rain is not causing to slow down the efforts. 14 wounded are fine. We hope to get those who are under the drain alive," he noted.
Search and rescue efforts continue on the site while fire crews and ambulances are ready on the street.