Saudi-led coalition attacks civilians in Yemen: At least 25 dead
Saudi-led coalition has launched airstrikes on three houses in Al-Masafa area, east of Al-Hazm district, killing at least 25 civilians, mostly children and women.
According to the local sources, nine others were critically wounded in the airstrikes.
Al-Jawf Governor Amer Al-Marani denounced this cruel attack from Saudi-led coalition that has conducted hundreds of massacres against the Yemeni people since 2015, targeting especially children and women.
A family of 10 members were killed in another Saudi-led coalition airstrike in Washhah district of the northwestern province of Hajjah on Sunday.
Various human rights organizations have accused Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen, of human rights violations and some have gone as far as accusing the coalition of war crimes. The majority of these accusations stem from airstrikes undertaken by the coalition, but others, including the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, have also criticized the coalition's approach to blockades. The UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food said that the deliberate starvation of civilians in both international and internal armed conflict may constitute a war crime, and could constitute a crime against humanity in the event of deliberate denial of food and also the deprivation of food sources or supplies.
A 2019 United Nations report said the US, UK and France may be complicit in committing war crimes in Yemen by selling weapons and providing other support to the Saudi-led coalition which is using the deliberate starvation of civilians as a tactic of warfare.
The Saudi-led coalition’s bombing campaign has so far killed or injured an estimated 17,729 civilians as of March 2019 according to the Yemen Data Project.