Turkey condemns attack in Niger
Turkish Foreign Ministry released a written statement, condemning the attack in the West African country of Niger which left at least 70 soldiers dead.
The statement said: "We are deeply saddened by the news that many Nigerien soldiers have lost their lives and injured in a terrorist attack against a military base, in the Inates region, near to the Nigerien-Mali border."
"We strongly condemn this heinous terrorist attack. We extend our condolences to the brotherly People and Government of Niger and wish Allah’s mercy upon those who lost their lives and speedy recovery for those who were injured," the Ministry added.
71 soldiers were killed in an attack on a remote military camp in Niger near the border with Mali, an army spokesman said on Wednesday.
Assailants in cars and on motorbikes attacked the army base Tuesday night with explosives, leaving several wounded and others missing.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.