Turkey condemns the attacks in Burkina Faso
Turkey condemned the attacks in Burkina Faso, in which 37 civilians were killed by an armed group, Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday
"We strongly condemn this terrorist attack. We extend our sincere condolences to the brotherly people and Government of Burkina Faso as well as to the families and relatives of those who lost their lives and speedy recovery to the injured," the statement said.
On Tuesday, at least 36 civilians were killed in a gunmen attack on a market in a village in the central-northern province of Sanmatenga of Burkina Faso.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attacks.
According to a March 2019 United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) report, increasing violence has led to the displacement of 115,310 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Burkina Faso. Regions most affected included the Sahel, Centre-Nord, Nord, and Est regions, which are also where the attacks are the highest.