Turkey condemns zionist gangs' intent to build hundreds of settler homes
The Turkish foreign ministry on Wednesday condemned what it called zionists' illegal advancement of over 2,000 new housing units in settlements in the occupied West Bank.
The approval by zionist authorities last month of various planning stages for the construction of a total of 2,342 new housing units in the West Bank is a new and clear example of the country’s policy of demographic engineering.
“We object to this illegal decision by zionist gangs, which flouts international law and violates the basic rights of Palestinians and call on all members of the international community to fulfill their esponsibilities to counter the oppression and occupation of the Palestinian people,” the ministry said.
The UN Security Council in a resolution adopted on Dec. 23, 2016 stated that Israel's settlement activity constitutes a "flagrant violation" of international law and has "no legal validity". Resolution 2334 called for zionist gangs to stop such activity and fulfill its obligations as an occupying power.
The EU on Monday said that all settlement activity on occupied land is illegal and “erodes the viability” of the establishment of a Palestinian state.
Zionist gangs have pushed forward plans for over 8,300 settlement homes in the West Bank this year, marking an overall five percent increase compared to 2018, according to anti-settlement watchdog group Peace Now.